1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

09 Husky SM450R exhaust mod

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by motoxer311, Aug 6, 2009.

1. motoxer311 Husqvarna
    B Class

Not complete yet but here's what I got so far..

Removed left side exhaust.. Started drilling out rivets on both sides.. only the left side needs to be drilled out.. (I did both)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Once rivets are drilled out on (I guess you would call it the engine side) take a screwdriver or ratchet end and tap out the core from the exit side.
    [IMG]

Cut the welds.. I used a dremel and a bunch of bits..
    [IMG]

Remove core (should slide right off once welds are cut
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I placed the mid-pipe back into the housing but will need to remove and place a hollow pipe inside along with exhaust packing as the exhaust will get HOT..
    [IMG]

Will post more pics as I fix the left side and gut the right..
  2. cbreakin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TE510
    Awesome post! This info is especially helpful due to lack of after-market exhausts available for the 09 SMRs. Thanks motoxer311!
  3. foxinredsox Husqvarna
    A Class

Are you finished with both? I made it for a friend on a SM510 2009 too. Never again. To much work for nothing!
  4. WMRRA063 Husqvarna
    B Class

Janos,

How did it turn out?
  5. foxinredsox Husqvarna
    A Class

Cut it with flex (don't no what it is in english) than removed the cat. really bad work had to go to a friend for help. never again. at the and we had to weld it. tomorrow i will make the other side, will post some pictures.

I will give a friend here in Hungary a bike (maybe yours :) ), he will make the slipon for the 09.
  6. foxinredsox Husqvarna
    A Class

So i just finished with the other pipe. If anybody is thinking about making the same, let it be!

louder but not stronger.

the bike from WMRRA063 we modifyed too. He has now one exhaust from a TE510 with power up kit from 2008. the best way. more agressive and lighter.

sorry motoexer311 for using your pics, my cam was not charged.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. foxinredsox Husqvarna
    A Class

another point, the 08 has a 14 sprocket, the 09 a 15.
  8. motoxer311 Husqvarna
    B Class

<------- Lazy...

Still has 1 hollow exhaust and I need to re-rivet the left side.. Bike runs good and sounds good for being semi-stock..

I am actually looking to go aftermarket on my exhaust now, any ideas on who makes good pipes?
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    did you guys put it on the flow bench? Before and after? Also any pre /post sound checks? Curious to know before and after, R