1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc CR --WR Wattage output

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by ajaxauto, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This question has been asked before but i have never seen a answer

How much wattage can a CR 125 put out have seen a thread where a guy puts in a KTM set up and got 35 is that all you can get from a CR

WR has a bigger set up and i know it is different then a CR but what is the most you can get from a WR

I would change to a WR set up if enought power is avalible to run big lights
  2. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I was told by an experienced husky wrench that there is plenty of watts in the WR125 ..100 to 130watts
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I don't think the 09 has any where near that but will know tomorrow when i take my bike to trailtech and find out.

k
  4. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Here is what i am working on .i have talked to a few companies and together if all works out here is what we should get
    People talk of getting 35 watts out of a KTM stator in a Husky.But research show about 28 would be more in line.So get my stock stator rewound for a true 28 maybe 30 watts.Then use a LED 6 inch light
    which should pull 26 watts.A 6 inch LED has more power outputt
    then a 135 watt hallogen.If all goes as planned the LED will work off the Cr with no battery needed .It will dim when at idle but it is a 125 so it is always wound up . Did you see the pictures of Nic Burson Husky at the night race he had a custom LED dual 10 inch light bar.
    Talk about bright Will keep you posted as this project comes together The new LED lights might just be the ticket
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have run one of the Trailtech M16 helmet lights via battery pack and for woods riding it is all you need. For faster open stuff you might need more but it is amazing how much light that puts out. Good for about 3 hours.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    OK, so I was out at Trailtech today with my bike. We pulled the flywheel and found it has a 4 lobe Stator with an internal trigger. They have nothing to swap this with. That said they did say they could rewind them for enough juice to run and X2 no problem. I'm going to get another stator and and do one up.

Email me if you have interest in this so I can judge interest and see about getting some stators for a swap out program.

motosportz@gmail.com

- We can also do lighter flywheels.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

That certainly is different from what I pulled out of my '08 (six poles, only three wound).
  8. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

isn't the stock WR 130 watts? Or did that change?

A lighter FW sounds nice. Would that require a whole new ignition or just the flywheel?
  9. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My lighting project is under way If all goes as planned it looks to easy.
    Just rewind stock stator 3 plugs to run the motor 3 plugs making close to 30 watts
    which will light up my 6 inch 26 watts power draw LED light .One 6inch LED should be enought to race with ,it better as that is all the little 125 is going to give up Will keep you posted
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just the flywheel. Also the stronger magnets in the Trailtech flywheel will make more available power output.
  11. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So how many watts did your stock WR put out and if you do the flywheel change how much do you think you will get.I sent my CR stator to be rewound today and should get almost 30 I also ordered my custon 6 inch LED light today had them make me a custom unit where the 2 inter lights will be a beam and the 2 outer will be a flood The LED will only required 26 watts for full brighness and NO battery needed Will keep you posted
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Stock the WR puts out 35 watts. Rewound close to 85 watts. Enough to run a Halogen X2. Right now i can run my M16 helmet light which is very bright.
  13. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

So did the ignition change for 09? I have 70 watts of lights on my bike plus a tail light.

I "thought" the bike would have no problem with it. They look good and bright.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I didn't think so. You sure yours has 70 watts?
  15. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Talked to a company in england today and was told there new custom stator for the CR
    note this is for CR puts out 60 watts cost is 125 pounds including shipping to the usa
    as of today the exchange rate would make that 200 us dollars .I will email them and ask about the WR since it has a different flywheel set up Also i should get my rewound stock stator from Ricky stator back today i was told it tested 35 watts output i will hook it up and let you all know PS the desert night races are comming again in 2 weeks
  17. Joel Husqvarna
    B Class

On my '07 WR125 I can run a full size HID "35 watt" which I think is actually 42w draw and a TrailTech helmet light "10 watt" which is actually 13w draw. I can run both of them on the stock stator with no mods other than I installed a TT reg./rect. and a 1.2A battery. It can run the big light and 2 HID helmet lights if you keep it revved enough, but the helmet lights will auto shutoff if you don't. The stator is the 4 tooth like in the pic posted by Motosportz. I just used the big light and one helmet light at a 24hr race last weekend and I can tell you its a LOT of light since they're HIDs. If your not running HIDs then it doesn't really matter if you pull more power than you can make, your lights will just be dim and you'll know to cut back on the lights or rev it up.

Joel
  18. BillO Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry to wake up a sleeping thread...

I have run a Trail Tech 8" halogen and a 1157 taillight bulb off my '06 WR without issues. That is 63 watts.
  19. kzoo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 295
    Know this a revived thread but; according to my 08 CR/WR workshop manual the lighting coil puts out 110 Watts; again that's for a 2008 (WR)...
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thatmight be for a WR but a CR is sooooooooo much smaller and lighter I get about 35 watts from a cr after it has been rewound by ricky stator That is why a 125 CR will run away from a Wr
    Smaller flywheel
    smaller rear wheel
    lighter non o ring chain
    All 3 of these thing make it easier for the crank to spin up and go