1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Husky 125, most developed 125 going?

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Seems so. In the last five years it has gone through lots of changes...

(3) body styles
    (2) main engines
    (2) frames
    (3) fork types

Kinda cool...

[IMG]

05-08 - New bodywork 50mm forks (08) new cylinder

[IMG]

09 - new frame, 50mm twin chamber forks, plastic (pretty much everything but the motor)

[IMG]
  2. M357.5 Husqvarna
    A Class

Call me old school....but the 04 had it going on IMO.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Loved my 04 so much I sold it to get the 09. :thumbsup:
  4. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125

Its really cool to look at the lineage of the past developments..then to the current model...over the years I have noticed as well the engine is very compact....still smaller than the competition....as the only real updates have been to the top end...still is one helluva motor:cheers:

Thanks for those pics

BTW I think 05 to 08s were twin chamber 45s.....
  5. dfeckel Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not that I'm an expert on these 125s or anything, but Husky can seem sort of like Porsche in that they have a good design to start with, then they continually develop it for years and years, making it incrementally better all the time. Rather than throw out an old design and start with something completely new which will have all sorts of teething problems for the first couple years, they keep building on the solid foundation. You end up with what might be considered an antiquated design, but it's so highly developed that it performs as well or better than everything else.
  6. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I think you're absolutely right in your assessment. Last weekend, I was talking to a guy at the place we ride who asked me about my Husky WR300 (he was on a KTM 300). He went through all the usual KTM versus everything else rhetoric and then told me that he "considered" the Husky until he researched and found it was "a hopped up old 250 motor" and "an old design" on "an old frame"... yadda yadda. I let him ride it and he came back praising the engine and handling. He was very careful to never say it was better than his beloved KTM... but at that point all he could talk about was how great the KTM E-start was and how that makes the difference.... :lol::lol: I was just happy that he was fatter and older than me and he actually got to eat crow.