Aftermarket Tanks - Fuel Injected Husky's

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by huskyte610e, Aug 20, 2008.

1. huskyte610e Husqvarna
    B Class

Anyone aware of Aftermarket / Long Range tanks for the fuel injected Husky 610's?

I've seen some photos of one at:
    http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=683272
    But it appears to be only 3 gal, and may only fit the 510's and down.

Really looking for a solution for the 610.

Are external fuel pumps an option?
  2. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

3. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sorry, I’ve just realize that it’s for the 07 610
    Not sure if it’ll work on the EFI 08 :mad:

Damn it, need to pay more attention
    :o
  4. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

It wont. :o

Right now the options for long range '08 TE 610 fuel tanks are limited.

I only know of two options for the '08 bikes.

1) Get a 5 gallon IMS '07 tank, and mount the fuel pump in a remote location in a very small gravity feed tank. REI sells some nice littlemetal camping bottles that would do the trick. George at Uptite and I have talked about this several times-but as far as i know nobody has yet done it.

2) Get a right side rear fuel tank from Meca Systems in France, and then run a simple feeder line from the rear tank to the OEM fuel tank.

Both should be very easy to do. If anyone in my area wants to do a conversion like this, let me know, very happy to help out.

I did similar stuff on my Husky Dakar bike. A few things to be carefull with (quick disconnect, one way valve, use tank foam, etc.) but really it shouldnt be hard to do.

Hope that makes sense? :)

ps- a remote vacuum Mikuni external fuel pump 'might' be an option--but there might be pressure issues. EFI needs proper pressure-hence the large electronic fuel pump.
  5. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

run an Acerbis front number plate on the rear sub frame.. I've been doing it on my TE510 for some time now.

Get the 1.3 Gallon number plate tank. They have a fuel syphon system to integrate into your main gas cap also
    that comes with it.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  6. Ruffus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Didn't a guy from Mexico with an 07 injected 610 rig up an aftermarket external injection pump & use the 5 gallon IMS tank???
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Search Adventure rider. The KTM 950 has an external pump (that fails often) and there is a big thread there talking about all this stuff. I bet from that you could fab an external on fairly EZ.
  8. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just an FYI about external pumps:

All the Dakar bikes run external Mikuni fuel pumps that are pnuematic driven from a pulse off the intake manifold--the screw hole that gets shut off when the smog crap is taken off.

I did this on my '07 TE510 for Dakar--just use high grade vacuum line-not vent line- and run it from that hole to the fuel pump. For priming reasons it needs to be down lower than the fuel.

I run four tanks into two lines on a special 3 way petcock (available from Meca Systems/France), then one line down to the fuel pump, and then a line up to the carb.

As Ride points out these systems occasionally fail, but its not really that common. Many OEM quads have been using this system for many years. The factory KTM Rally bikes have been using this for a long time, etc etc

IF and its an 'if' the Mikuni (there are 3 sizes available) puts out enough pressure then it could work with the EFI Husky bikes. I know on the Aprilia 450/550 ya cant convert from electric to this system for this reason--but just not sure about the 610.
  9. BendEuroMoto Husqvarna
    A Class

The Mikuni Vacuum operated pumps only do about 3 PSI and and injected bike uses about 45 PSI. I do not think they would work. I have been loking at various fuel pumps and found the Moto Guzzi cruisers have the proper pressure and flow. I would still need a regulator.
    I need to look at my 610 today and measure a few things, like fuel pressure, and see if I can make the 2007 tank work.
    I don't really like having the pump where it can leak fuel on the bike, I would much rather have it, and the filter in the tank for saftey reasons.
  10. 440rev Husqvarna
    B Class

11. huskyfrk Husqvarna
    AA Class

pumps and tanks

somewhere it has been printed here what the fuel pressure of the husky needs. something like 47 - 53 lbs. i would try looking into a pump form one of the small jap cars, al la suzuki, smart, or geo metro. used those pumps in formula atlantic. performed pretty well. very reasonable cost. vs stock 500.00 + OEM.....:excuseme::excuseme:
  12. crancky1 Husqvarna
    AA Class