08 emissions canister?

Discussion in '610/630' started by 04asphalt, Mar 17, 2009.

1. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

My emissions canister broke off and I need to route the remaining hoses correctly. please PM/post any info, links and pictures that you have.
  2. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Pretty simple to do . (Pics of my TE510 08)
    The most important thing is finding a (6MM ?) screw for the vacuum line off you engine and locktite into place.:thumbsup:
    [IMG]
  3. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

so there's two lines on one end and a single hose off the other. I'm very slow:doh: so walk me through it please:notworthy:
  4. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, I thought there's more to it then one screw....:excuseme:
    I still haven't done mine so a walk through could be nice
    It shouldn't be complicated from what I've herd, It's just nice to know what you're doing

:thumbsup:
  5. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Your 08 is going to look a little different than that picture since the fitting is on the other side. It's pretty simple.
    One line goes to the manifold. remove and plug the brass nipple with an automotive vacuum plug, or you can try to pull the nipple (I'm Chicken) and put in a bolt.
    The other line goes to the top of the tank so just route it down the frame tube next to the other line that is already running down there. Route it away from the exhaust header or it'll get smoked.
    Your done. (since it already fell off I dont need to tell you how to unbolt it) I can take a picture of what my bike looks like with it gone if you like.
    Mine is in a box in case some California wacko decides that my bike is causing global warming and makes me put it back on.
  6. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Just a quick question... What is the benefit of removing the canister?
  7. tlking6 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Beyond being a dumb looking device hanging off the frame ruining the lines of an awesome looking machine just begging to get torn off by any number or natural hazards?

I guess I'd say its like a controlled intake manifold leak.
  8. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

it sticks out even beyond a skid plate and will be torn off if you do any off road riding. if the worst you ride is gravel roads leave it on.:thumbsup:

yep, picture of the routing would be awesome.
  9. brisendines Husqvarna
    A Class

Thanks! We'll see if I get a set of knobbies.
  10. meijerclassics Husqvarna
    AA Class

fuel tank hose

I'm getting ready to ditch the canister, and am wondering what people are doing with the hose that goes from the fuel tank to to canister? Is everyone just running it down the frame and leaving it to drain to the ground?
  11. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

12. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

13. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
  14. dubbs Husqvarna
    A Class

I took mine off. Put a plug on the cylinder for the vacuum line. I have used the old hose that has the one way valve to vent the tank on the lower port on the left side of the tank and tucked it behind my rad brace. The upper one there vents to the ground and will leak fuel when I over fill it. The 450-510 are not the same as the 610.
  15. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  16. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

I really like his TE610 review, waiting for more updates:applause:

seems to me all I would have to do is "tie" the three hoses together as the canister has no valving anyway:excuseme:
  17. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

The canister removel pictorial

All you need is the automotive vacuum cap
    The whole process takes about five minutes

#1; Inspect the culprit - big hose comes from the top of the tank to the canister, small hose connect to the engine and one medium hose comes out of the bottom of the canister and goes to the back, it's open at the end
    [IMG]
    #2; Pull the bigger hose off the canister
    [IMG]
    #3; Pull the hose off the engine brass nipple, save the hose clamp
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    #4; Put the hose clamp on the vacuum plug and plug the engine nipple
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    #5; Remove the canister
    [IMG]
    #6; What you end up with is the bigger hose dangling
    [IMG]
    #7; What to do with that hose?

Well here's what I did and I'll need some input from you guys cause I'm not sure if this is the "right" thing to do :excuseme:
    I just used the rubber hose clamps to attach it to the radiator hose (the lower clamp will need to be replaced, it look a bit stressed )
    [IMG]

#8; The last thing you'll need to do is a symbolic gesture (or an ADVRider "hello"...) to the establishment and you're done
    [IMG]

I'm going to ride now so if you hear a big BOOOOM I probably did something wrong here.... so just ask somebody else how to do it
  18. 04asphalt Husqvarna
    AA Class

:applause:
    love pics with instructions :thumbsup:
  19. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Thanx for the pictures:D

It makes it so much easier to understand.

:lol::lol::lol:
  20. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rerout the hose

First off a quick disclaimer;

The only reason I’ve ran the line on the radiator was it was getting dark and I really wanted to ride it, hence the easiness of the not so holy match between the two lines.

:busted:

Having said that I did ran the bike hard and there was no fuel leakage to speak of what so ever
    Only thing I can think of is either you run your bike way harder then me or you fill your tank more then I do…..?
    (probably both :D)

I believe the “correct” way to run the line is to reroute it (on the other side of where it is now ) straight down the front down tube along the other line that is already there possibly even splicing it to said (other) line, away from the exhaust, therefore if any leakage occur it will happen away from you
    My bike is at the dealer right now for that never ending oil leak problem but as soon as I’ll get it back I will update this thread with a revised routing

Till then, for anyone who’s going to follow my pictorial;
    Please route it “correctly”
    Even for the soul purpose of not making our bikes look all hoejohnny up….
    I mean seriously, we have all that heritage to think of you know?
    Make it look nice guys
    It’s not a freaking suzuki….. :lol: