1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc wr 150 ktm 150 tm 144 shoot out dyno

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by andy j, Dec 10, 2010.

1. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

This months TBM magazine has a shoot out on the wr 150 ktm 150xc and tm 144. a long detailed review. The say the wr 150 is going to be available in the uk. the review was very positive with it being the testing crews weapon of choice out of the three.. for enduro / cross country racing. A really impressive review...
    darn it.. not only do i have to read on this two stroke forums how good the little wr/s are now i got to read about it in my monthly magazine..
    ive been thinking of getting one of these to compliment my 310.. i need to start the saving scheme !

i have attached the dyno results which show the power & torque
    last month they tested the my 2011 310 against the 2010 310 (what i have)
    ratings were 2011 310 30.1hp - 18.9ft'lbs torque
    2010 310 27.1hp - 16.81 ft'lbs torque.
    its interesting to look at the graphs on where each bike produces the power..

hope you find the info interesting. i love this little magazine last month we had the 2011 te 310 reviews the month before meos 250 was ridden tested and explained... the month before the 449.. every month its got huskys in at the moment. brilliant.

Sorry but i wont post post the review in full would not be fair to the magazine chaps.. its hard enough to earn a living these days..

oH forgot to mention the wr used in the test was a wr 125 with the 150 factory kit provided by one of the husky main dealers as none have arrived in the country yet. it does say that the front forks will be 50mm mazzukes not KYB as fitted to the CR??

Andy

Attached Files:

Lauri Arpiainen likes this.
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Nice! Great Find!
  3. LawnDartMike Husqvarna
    AA Class

Funny how they all have a dip in torque around 6000 RPM.
  4. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeah, wonder if it is the powervalve opening early?
  5. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

yeah i was thinking that too.. do you notice that in real life or is it all happening too fast?
    when i rode the ktm 150 sx it felt like i was hanging on for dear life when it hit the power part.. though in a drag strip the 310 was slightly quicker.. after the slightly slower stars..

the 4st 310 graphs are smoother i think... give me a mo i will scan them up..
  6. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

here you go ..
    te 310 power & torque vrs 2st yam wr 250z vrs honda old skool xr4004
    plus 2010 310 vrs 2011 310.. interesting stuff!

you can really see the smooth power delivery of the four strokes te vrs the 2 stroke wr

Attached Files:

7. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I love that magazine. I can't wait to get the new issue with the tests on the 150's. The rpms are what I thought they would be and about 1000+ rpm more than the 167 although I didn't rev the 167 as far as it would go just shut it down when it started dropping off. I will have a graph for my 144 next week with the wossner piston and the power valves ground.
  8. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    It is a great magazine!

Andy, can you let me know the cover date for this issue?
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It will be the December issue. The November issue has the TE310 article.
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for sharing I was wondering what a 144 kit would do on a 125 Husky. I wonder what it would look like stock (WR125) on the same dyno. I still haven't picked up a 144 kit for my 08 CR125 but I still may do it. This mag sounds like something I should pick up now; thanks again.
  11. AndrewS Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE350s 2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 TE250 (sold)
    Thanks!

Hopefully my local retailer will stock it. They're pretty inconsistent. I guess I should just subscribe.
  12. MotoXotica Husqvarna
    AA Class

that 144 comparison surprised me.would have figured the tm would dominate with its high compression ratio.go husky !
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I just read a comparo in Dirt Rider and they put the Hp on the KTM SX 150 at 38! I know dyno's are all different but does that sound right?
  14. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    Thanks for the posts

Those hp figures seem a little low for all the bikes but at least the wr eats the ktm - in torque as well
    funny when the ktm would have the Keihin carb

we ve seen 125s with 28 - 30 hp so seems strange I would expect at least 33hp from a 150 or a TE 310
    especially when 450s are 45 to 50 hp
    pays to get the 2011 TE then

Attached Files:

15. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

It really all depends on the dyno, conditions, and correction factors. Also I think TBM just tests them as they come with the stock knobby. I wouldn't be surprised if the tests that yield such high numbers are done with everything perfect, jetting, street tire, and computer corrected to sea level. It just illustrates how different numbers can be from one test to another. I can promise you that the 150KTM in this test is very similar to the one that is being tested at 38 hp. The take home is the curve and the direct comparison between the three on the same dyno at the same time. :thumbsup::cheers:
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

John,

I mounted up the 144 tonight and will have it jetted and ready for the dyno next Thursday. We'll soon get some pretty good comparison numbers. :thumbsup:
  17. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Awesome Walt. I totally agree Walt, same dyno and correction factors for all bikes = best compairsons. The 150 KTM did put out a couple more ponies than it's 250 4 stroke brother. Pretty sure I am going with the factory 144 for my 125. It's just such a fun bike it's worth it!
  18. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Even on ktmtalk people seem to feel the 150xc is real mild compared to the 150sx. I have never ridden either but I know the sx has a reputation for big power. What's strange is the motors are supposed to be the same except for the ignitions.
  19. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

TBM magazine is decembers as suggested. dyno figures are straight as the test bikes were given them.. ie ride em up on the dyno and go test.. with whatever tyres come with it & pump fuel.
    TBM are notorious for honest reviews.. if the bike is rubbish they tell it so.
    if its badly prepared they come down hard on the bike and manufacture..
    I bought my bike based on their honest reviews too many magazines sucking up to paying advertisers.. and we get biased reviews..

the the bikes were weighed on digital scales ready to go.. ie full tank of fuel. scales under front and rear tyre
    they list the results as
    tm front 51.35kg 54kg rear = total 105.35kg

husqy front 51.25kg rear 56.15kg - total 107.5

KTM xc (no lights speedo & switchgear) but three litres more fuel as bigger tank front 47.75kg rear 50.8kg = total 96.55kg

Attached Files:

20. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    Even though the KTM's have the PWK, besides ignitions. Look at the Carb Parts list. SX uses a leaner slide/needle and xc uses a richer one/needle (That'll tame the bike for offroad). That's why down the road I want to try a 5.0, 5.5 or 6.0 slide with the stock KTM SX needle. If my hunch is correct, I think that is where we are missing a little more zip and topend out of the carb. Walt's landed on the ignition stuff like the CR Ignition Versus WR. GSXR has also switched to the CR ignition.