08 IMS tanks shipping?

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by Motosportz, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I had a customer send me an Email asking if I made a different damper mount for his 08 IMS tank??? He has one. They shipping? Anyone get one? I was supposed to be getting one ASAP for the damper clamp fitment.

K
  2. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No. I am speaking with him as well but this guy has an 08 TE250 (EFI) and says he has a IMS big tank for it. His name is Dave, i have his last name but will not post it. He said he would send me the tank.
  4. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dare we ask IMS if such a thing exists? I don't think I can take the rejection if their not really real.
  5. neversurfaced Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just spoke with IMS - they are filling an order for 100 units for Hall's

Just spoke with Jeff at Hall's and had my name put on the list - (217)789-0107.

They're expecting the first shipment (?) in a couple of days. $275.00, 3.0 gallon in natural or black. :D:D:D:D:D
  6. TripleW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Motosportz, will you be posting any pics of Mr. Dave's tank? Thanks TW
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just got an Email from Steve at Halls, they have in fact received and shipped a few (handful) of TE tanks. Surprisingly the TE EFI tanks were first to arrive.

Here they come! Finally.

K
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have requested pix.
  9. SepticSkeptic Husqvarna
    B Class

Wow, I'm surprised. I guess I was getting pretty jaded by repeated dissapointment, hence the suspicion. :D
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    You have every right to be, some manufactures have 09's on the floor and were still waiting for 08 tanks. :mad:
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Now that they are shipping I thought i would post the pix Halls sent me about a month ago. I think they did a fabulous job. Halls should be commended once again for stepping up.

Go Halls !!

[IMG]

[IMG]

and for you TE guys, it really does exist for your bike as well...

[IMG]
  12. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm curious if all 100 have been spoken for and if not how many are on the waiting list.

Thanks,

David
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Call Halls.
  14. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Cup Cake...I did and the guy couldn't tell me. So I put in an e-mail to Jeff for the answer, but thought that someone else that recently put their name on the list might know.

Cup Cake Jr.
  15. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What type of warranty does IMS offer with the purchase of the tank to compensate for structural fatigue or any leaking near the fuel pump mounting plate?
  16. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

They ordered 100 tanks and they are in the 50's for people on the waiting list. This is straight from Jeff.

David
  17. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    nice i see they have the petcock bosses in place for us old school carb guys,,,i am sure they will just not make the fuel pump cut out,,just like the oem tank.
    Darn it had to be engineered with that wing tank set up , no other way to go. Thank you Hall's for getting the 100 pcs so that IMS would go ahead,,, I am very sure those 100 will sell out quickly. For me I will use my OEM 2gal for most rides,, and install the tank assed tank for special trips, it was no fun siphoning fuel on the side of gnarly hill in the boonies of mexico after only 35 miles of trail,,and from a KTM no less,,well better than a Honda, (just kidding really) Count me in for a tank for the TXC.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    i don't see the problem here and i would MUCH rather have the gas there and down low verses the volcano stack in my lap approach. it has to go somewhere.
  19. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Just got off the phone with Jeff and my new (3gal. Blk) tank is on it's way...:D

Let ya know when it arrives.

No more pack'n fuel....can't wait.
  20. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jeff is shipping mine in natural tomorrow. Kelly please keep us posted on a way to use the new tanks with your damper. It is going to be a tough choice for a while...damper or fuel...:) Ken