1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Outboard Fuel Injection Pump Housing

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by glangston, Nov 30, 2010.

1. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
  2. danbartol Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wow, looks interesting!
  3. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Really looks nice. I especially like the pump housing with the logos.
  4. OlderHuskyRider Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 450 - last of the ITA motors
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kwaka KLE, HD FXDWG
    Does it vent the over-pressure via a line back to the tank?
  5. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    Is this pump set-up available now/soon? How many $?
  6. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    George has to tap the housing and run some line back to the tank. It was kind of a rush to get it done and he may have just ran out of time to get that part right.
  7. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Saw my name (and my bike!) so felt obliged to respond:

I will be riding to Cabo over New Years with the new Uptite set up.
    Full write up on both the trip and the new external fuel pump/IMS tank very early Jan...plan is to be back by the 4th of Jan.

This unit has been tested by both George and myself. Some hiccups where found in the first prototypes, minor ones, but stuff that had to be perfected first.
    (it needs some re-working of the plumbing-make it easier to get the tank off, etc) But all in all its 98% there.

If it works perfect on the 1000 mile trek down baja--then its ready. :thumbsup:

Trip starts Dec. 27th...will let ya know in a few weeks w/ pics.

Cheers.
    Mike
  8. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

If it doesn't? You gonna truck a second bike?
  9. husqdeeznutz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any update on the status of this? Will this work for the sm510? 530 bucks for the larger safari tank has me looking for some other options
  10. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    Yes, please post up the status of this product. Don't let this become another '08 kick-stand fix' product.

BTW, my interest in this is to plumb an external tank with a valve to switch between tanks. My plan is to use one of the -Tour Tube- 4"X20" tanks (see below) on the right side of the bike to mimic the look of the exhaust. The size and length of the tube is about the same an the PU kit muffler. I think it will be a good look and add an extra gallon without having to buy/install the big tank.

http://www.tourtank.com/TourTubes.html
  11. husqdeeznutz Husqvarna
    AA Class

That's not a bad option MorrisBetter, except you have the single exhaust and I have the duals. Though for the price of the safari I could convert to single and buy that haha
  12. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I haven't been over to see George in a while.
    Call him at 1714 540 2920 if you're interested.
  13. husqdeeznutz Husqvarna
    AA Class

I talked to George and he said the pump housings are 99.9% done the only thing left is to make brackets to mount the housing to the frame. The other issue is finding tanks to fit but he said you can heat the plastic tanks up to modify them to fit. He gave no price estimate or ETA so I guess we'll see heh. Thanks for the info glangston. I emailed him a few days ago and didn't get any response.
  14. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    Well.... The obvious answer is to go for the classic CB750 look and put a fuel tube under each exhaust can. :thinking:
  15. MorrisBetter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE501s
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW R1200GS
    "tanks to fit"? I'm not following. What has to fit the tank?

I was planning on fabricating a plate for the tank opening and attaching a petcock. The second tank would also have a petcock or QD. Both would be plumbed to a three-way valve like a Cessna. Gravaty feed to the pump, and pressure to the injector body.

I'd like to see brackets to mount the pump behind the cylinder/next to the starter motor. That would reduce the chance of damage during a dust-up and centralize the weight. Also reduce the visual impact of having a pump grafted on.
  16. husqdeeznutz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Haha careful with your suggestions I might actually consider it.... As for what I meant by finding tanks that fit is exactly that. From what I understand the external pump housing needs to be combined with a larger tank from a different bike. By putting the pump outside its possible to use a tank from a carbed bike. Also George claimed that plastic tanks can be heated and bended to fit reliably well.
  17. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Look at the pictures that Glangston put
    It's Mike’s 610 which is a 08 FI and the tank is the over sized IMS for the 07 and down carbed 610
    So no heating and fitting necessary

:thumbsup:
  18. denmcken Husqvarna
    B Class

Any more info on this? I'm extremely interested in a bigger tank option...
  19. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS

The best way to get your question answered is to call George....1 714 540-2920 9-5or6 mon-sat... If I make it by his shop anytime soon I'll pass on what information I can. He always has projects going and then has to stop and make a bunch of mufflers or skid plates or work on a bike .....one man band/show.
  20. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Ok, stopped by to check on things and outboard pump is still awaiting mods. He's busy fixing bikes as parts come in.

Checked out the Royal Enfield Motorcycles online at his shop They're building these in India and marketing all over, USA included. Retro style, 600 cc, and cafe racer kit among the options. Think Fresno BMW is a dealer.