1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 04 CR125 - first ride

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Drove to an area i do not ride much but was the only thing ridable right now due to unusual snow. I have to say I really liked riding the 125. The light weight in the mud made it EZ to manage. I'm really thinking evil thoughts about a 09 WR125 now.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Adam finding out trials tires suc in the mud / snow

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

What area is that? I really need to get out! I think the coast range is still buried but I heard 125's don't work there anyway :D

That’s a nice looking little bike. We will have to do a 125 ride someday and compare the CR and WR.

When I ran a Dunlop trials tire I had to drop to 7.5 psi in the winter to get enough flex to make the mud release.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    beetchin!!! I still don't know how you guys ride 125s, for me they are the hardest bikes to ride!! A completly different skills set for those baby rippers!! Nice scenery, keep it secret ! R
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Shotgun on sat

having ridden yours and this one I would say yours lugs better and this one has a lot more mid. It is very strong in the mid. I really like the older ergos on this bike.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    It sure took some relearning after the TXC450 rekluse LTR couch. Keep it in the mid / top all day. Ride it like you just stole it and the cops are on your tail. :D I have to admit it was really nice having very little weight and no top heavy feeling in the slick mud. Other than a challenging hill or two I think i had just as much speed, maybe more in some sections, than on my 450. I rode with Adam whom i ride with a lot and he was having a bad day or the 125 works for me as it seemed i had to wait more than usual on the single track. he did say he was whipped form working the day before. Time / more rides will tell.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Was just about to type that. It also allows the tire to 'stay' out with what little traction there is with the sidewall flex i.e. the bike can move around a little bit without moving the tire itself.

But my trial tires don't seem that great in those conditions regardless.

Kelly - did you put up a report letting us know how the tires you sell handle?
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The Motoz? Yes, there are several posts about them.

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660

On this bike i had a kenda Trackmaster in a 19" here so I mounted that and a Kends Southwick (mud / sand) tire up. Both worked very well there.
  8. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Yes the MotoZ tires.

Did not notice how well they worked in the snow/ice/frozen ground conditions, and I followed the link to your site and saw nothing there. I probably missed it in some other threads.

Those are the conditions where I'm truly disappointed with my trials tires and if I go on this Baja trip... trials tires won't work there either.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I liked the trials tires but when putting them on I was afraid that they would not hold up as they seemed so thin. 300 miles later I tore the sidewall out. Not confidence inspiring. I also heard the rim smashing rocks to much even at 10 psi. Like the hookup on most stuff just real leery about running them again.
  10. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250

Me too!
  11. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Norm, I really look forward to your assessment of the 09 WR125. I'm sure thinking about one now. :banghead:

- anyone know if the 08 jug works on the older generation 125 bottom end? If i could put the new jug on the 04 and gain a bunch of power I would be all over that.
  12. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Man all this talk is killin' me, 08 jug, 09 frame...it's never ending.:busted:

All I know is... these tiddlers are FUN:thumbsup:
    [IMG]
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    DUDE, how do you get yours to throw dirt :D

FUN is right. eeeeeee eeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  14. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
  15. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

+1

After riding my TE 450 for about a year. I started riding my KX 125 again and I didn't like it. It was way too light and didn't feel planted at all. Plus, you have to be a really good rider in excellent shape to ride a motocross 125 in the woods...on the pipe and heavy on the clutch. My clutch hand was totally locked up within' and hour. On the flip side, they can totally rip to the point of scary in the woods...3rd gear pinned. I too am looking forward to hearing Norm's ride reports on his '09 WR 125 with a Rekluse

16. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

17. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I'm hoping to get an ETA soon on the '09. I'll probably throw screws right in the stock Michelin FIM tires and start riding in the snow. I was thinking about just putting it away until Spring, as I'm sort of in sledhead mode.... but duty calls!:busted:

Total roost monkey.... Mark Uth coined that one in the Trail Rider Mag '02 WR125 test, but I'll proudly own it!
  18. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

The 09 Wr125s are supposed to arrive at the end of Jan/start of Feb.