Fuel Pump %^%$#! Plastic Elbows

Discussion in '610/630' started by Nesbocaj, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class

COFFEE EDIT - Link to post in Tech Ref section here:
    http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2835

I posted this elsewhere, but it belongs in the Cafe, thanks Coffee!

Well while doing something else on the H I broke the RED elbow off of the bottom of the fuel pump, bottom of the tank. The replacemnet part is about $60, but why bother, it will break again. A post on TT mentioned tapping the hole, why not?

So I decided to replace both elbows with brass. Parker 68HB-6-6, 3/8" NPT with a 3/8" barb.
    [IMG]

Removal of the elbows was easier than I thought. Grip on the elbow with a Vise-Grip, put a large driver through the Vise-Grip, lever the tip of the driver on some wood to protect the base, two shots with a hammer, that did it!
    [IMG]

Tapped both holes with a 3/8" NPT tap, plenty of cutting fluid and sealed the bottom of both holes with tape and a rag.
    [IMG]

Yellow Teflon tape or Loctite 567 would do as a sealant, I had the tape
    [IMG]

One in, the other just resting on top'
    [IMG]

I was going to re-use the existing lines, but decided to replace the lines and quick-disconnects. Motion pro Quick connects on order, FI line and clamps bought and ready.
    [IMG]

I did remove the pump from the tank, when I was finished, to make really sure that no bits had migrated, hosed everyting off with carb cleaner and compressed air. Bob J.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice, thanks for taking the time to get pix and post up :thumbsup:
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

That really does look like the best way to beef it up. Ive been thinking about doing something similar. Thanks for the pics and taking the time. :thumbsup:

Others have broken that plastic and replaced them with metal bits off a Sherco.

Someone should stock replacement parts, its a common problem.
  4. Nesbocaj Husqvarna
    A Class

Forgot to mention, anyone that is a member here and wants
    to borrow the tap, handle, and cutting fluid...just PM me:D
  5. PhilM Husqvarna

Does anyone have the replacement part number for the OEM red fitting?

Thanks
  6. jwfoulk Husqvarna
    AA Class

There is no replacement from Husky but Sherco sells the same fitting for like 60 bucks.
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold

You are welcome! :cheers:

I cannot believe I missed this thread! I'll put it in the tech ref section with a pointer to this thread. :thumbsup:

EDIT - This applies to the EFI 610s and the other 4stroke EFI bikes - right?

8. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Dumb question but what's the IN for?

Is this different from my TE 250's pump?
  9. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Yep, that's a 610 pump assembly. I remember being surprised at how much more plumbing there was on the 610 while helping Mike Kay put his back together after a valve adjustment. Much busier.
  10. schweikert Husqvarna
    B Class

I just broke the red thingy off my te as well. Took it to the dealer and he said i have to buy the whole thing $1200!!! what a liar!