2011 te250 & te310

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Ex HVUK, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Details as released from Varese today:

TE250
    Antoine Meo and Matti Seistola have tested and ridden to victory the TE250 in the first part of the world enduro championship . Now it is ready to meet the wider public in the showrooms and at enduro races throughout the world. The TE250 is without doubt the best performing and most wanted 250 cc four-stroke enduro of the moment.

For the enduro version the most important changes concern chassis parts , as the 2010 version engine already had a Mikuni fuel injection system.

The chassis has been redesigned and reinforced at the specific request of the official Ch Racing team, with a streamlined area below the cradle preventing knocks from uneven surfaces. The area around the footrest connections and rear brake pump connections has been improved to reduce contact with the heel and to facilitate movement by the rider on the pedals. A single plate covers the footrest and rear brake pump/pedal connections.

The suspension has been optimized, with a dedicated setting for enduro racing, both for the Kayaba forks and the Sachs shock absorber.

In order to better facing the longest and most extreme enduro trials the fuel tank capacity has been increased to 8.5 litres. The tank has a new pump which enables 100% exploitation of fuel available.

The air box has been redesigned to better hold the filter sponge and improve resistance to water.

The engine guards are made of a new material, providing better protection against knocks.

The mirror-finish aluminium hubs are new, now with standard perforations.

The bodywork has new graphics on the tank side panels, with In Mould Plastic Decoration which is incorporated in the actual material, not applied afterwards.

The design and look of handguards included in the kit are also new.

The engine has been redesigned, improving power at low revs thanks to the ability to choose between 2 different CDI maps configuration through handlebar switch – for hard or soft ground, depending on the style of riding and condition of the track.

The layout of radiator hoses is new, as well as the position of the exhaust silencer now with new db killer and heat protection

TE310
    The new TE310 boasts the lightest engine in the 250 cc 4-stroke category (22 kg), boosted to 302.44 cc, thanks to an increase in bore and stroke, now 82 X 57.3 mm.

The throttle body is the same as that on the TC250 - a Mikuni 45 mm diameter. The exhaust system is specially designed for the 310 model and as in the other models has a new heat protection on the silencer.

The bike is much lighter than the previous version (- 6 kg) and comes with significantly higher torque and power.

Otherwise the bike has the same features as the TE250, with the new reinforced chassis, new Grimeca hubs, Kayaba 48 mm front forks and Sachs shock absorber with new settings, 8.5 litre fuel tank, new handguards and new bodywork graphics.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Dave
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Great post, thanks. :thumbsup: That TE310 should be a huge seller.
  3. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    holy shite, claimed 12lbs lighter?????????? this X-Lite 310 ........is scary amazing
  4. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

I believe it too (the weight and the fact that it will be a big seller)! Nice graphics.

5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Wow...they did the 310 trick to the new motor....now thats impressive

I was curious of the bore and stroke ratio now......as it was already extreme... the stroke has changed too... not just a big bore kit...!!

so the old 250 motor is officially out of production

"times they are a changin "

:notworthy:
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

You all know me....I Bleed red..and not wanting to sound a cynic, but looks like some nice photo shop til I see it "on the floor" with all those specs actually on the bike. (case in point is a petcock on an EFI bike....amongst other things in the pic) Nothing against Husky N/A, but the recent change of specs from Italy on the WR150 without the sharing of that info to Husky N/A has left me "less than awe inspired".
    Joe
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    hmm I got to thinking the same thought after jumping blindly into the high hoopla... good call Joe
  9. andy j Husqvarna
    AA Class

Jeeze. i love my 2010 te 310 its great. that light weight spec & engine performance look awesome. would be tempted if they had lengthened the 6th gear.
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I think the fuel pump is now remote. Since it's not in the tank you need a petcock.
    This is good. I hate taking the tank off my TE because it dumps about a liter of fuel all over everything.
  11. jmetteer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC300 CR125 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250F, TRANSALP
    That looks like a taller cylinder from the 250 to the 310...

I don't think they photo shopped that.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Later,
  12. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

13. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Well done Husky, the 310 will kill it, more poke and less weight. This will more clearly differentiate the 310 from the 250.
  14. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    These are real bikes IMHO, production starts very soon so all the components are already finalised.

Dave
  15. ARod2000 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Excellent! Very nice. The 310 wasn't on my radar but it is now. I wanna ride one. Could be the perfect enduro machine.
  16. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dave,
    Not saying not real. Saying what they say will be...sometimes is not what ends up being the production for whatever reason.
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Could be but there was nothing mentioned to indicate that other than "the pump is new". If it was moved from the inside...one would think that would be mentioned....otherwise...staus quo..it remained in the tank.
    I also don't see in the numerous pics where the remote pump lives and is protected. Also, there is no petcock on the TC pics. Again...don't want to sound cynical. fingers crossed and looking ahead down the trail.
  18. Droolsport Husqvarna
    A Class

Maybe the petcock is there to drain the tank so its easier to remove? Cant see a hose going towards the TB. IMHO the only place safe enough for a fuel pump is protected from the elements inside the tank.
  19. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

looks like we are getting a larger fuel tank!
  20. HSrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very cool.

So how much does the 2010 TE310 weigh? and how much is the claimed weight of the 2011 310? I have to admit though never seen a petcock on a EFI bike.