Where to buy anodized rim bands for Huskys?

Discussion in 'Common Items on Husqvarnas: Tires/tubes/grips/etc' started by XLEnduroMan, Apr 20, 2009.

1. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    Everywhere seems to only list rim bands for bikes other then Husqvarna. Where can we go to buy some red or black Takasago rim bands?
  2. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

you mean rim decals?
  3. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    No not decals, just the rim. I guess rim band sounds like the rubber band between the spokes and tube. :doh:
  4. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have checked with Excel about a month or two ago and they only have silver in stock. I told him the new bikes are coming with black so hopefully next time they will order some black ones. I have not got a price from Husky yet. Checking my notes I think the part number for the 18 inch rear is FFS-443 (for Silver) FFK-433 (for black but not in stock). The 21 inch is ICS-434 (silver) ICK-434 (again for black not in stock as of about 2 months ago).
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
  6. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Last year I ripped my OEM rims off my 08TE510 silver and had them anodized red. turn around was not long . $80.00 a pair plus shipping.
    Pulled rims off the bike, broke em down, packaged the rim only up and put them on a bus Sunday night. I think I had them back re laced at home and was riding again the following weekend.:thumbsup:

I found out Red is one of the worse colors cuz it fades so quickly.

[IMG]

You can see how bad it faded in the front. Actually a lot worse than what the picture shows.

[IMG]

Last January when I broke my ankle I was bored so I ripped them down again and did them Black. Same price. Still only about a week turn around.

[IMG]
  7. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thank you guys.

Huskydude, your bike was the one that made me interested in the red anodizing. The red looks good. I now see the fading you are talking about.

I am happy with the silver, but the black rims on the 09's look great. I had kind of a run in with a rock and it didn't look so good. It looks much better now thanks to HRT in Chico, but a new rim is really what I need. :eek:
  8. HuskyMax Husqvarna
    AA Class

9. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The HCR rims at Hall's are an affordable option. I wonder who makes them?
  10. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

ahhhh. you're talking about the rims.
  11. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Does the black seem to be holding up better than the red did? It seems like one color should last as long as the other unless some of the chemicals you used to wash the bike were attacking the annodizing. I like them in both colors though. Black makes it look and an '09.

Let us know how the black holds up compared to the red.
  12. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Black I don't think will fade. If I would have had the rims polished after having the red stripped off they would be very shiny. I did not, so they turned out almost a flat black...which I like.

The red is the worsted for fading, although I have no experience with blue or yellow.

If someone else know...chime in and share. :thumbsup:
  13. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Red is great if you wish to eventually end up with pink.:p