1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

BROKEN REAR BRAKE PEDAL TIP - Has anyone replaced one?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by AUSKY, Apr 20, 2009.

1. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    I somehow broke the tip off the rear brake pedal, on my 08 TE510 over the weekend.
    I went in today to find out you cant buy just the tip, you have to buy the whole assembly, costing a wopping $180 :censored:
    GEEZ Husqvarna, what a load of :censored:.
    Does anyone know of an aftermarket one or one from another bike that will fit on the OEM pedal??
    I believe that Husaberg has one that bolts straight on, just unsure of what model & year it is from? or Husaberg part #
    Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me.
  2. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    I've only seen a Homemade one on a TE. Sounds like a good idea, though. Couldn't be too difficult or expensive to fashion something like that.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I believe an older ktm works, hammer head designs has one, gas gas...

That is all I remember, there were a few threads on TT about them a couple of years ago.
  4. foxracing Husqvarna
    AA Class

5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
  6. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Thanks for the input guy's, the Hammerhead stuff looks wicked!!
    I'm not keen to modify them though, I'd rather keep it simple & cheap:cheers:
    Do you know what year & model I should start with Coffee?
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Search for 'tip' in the thread titles over on the TT 4st section. 2001 ktm was mentioned. Forums are sometimes light on details.... I'm trying to fix that on CH at least.
  8. foxracing Husqvarna
    AA Class

"Just the tip" [IMG]
  9. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yep, busted mine off last summer and had to put on older style KTM tip on. Not the best fit, but cheap and it works........I took my pedal with me so they could attempt to find the best fit of what was available, so not sure what year I actually ended up with.
  10. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    I've had HDI tips for my Honda's and they measure up like they would fit my Husky just fine.

I hadn't realized they were making the rubber version now, so I'll have to get one and put it on the Husky. I've been looking for something won't mark up my DS boots.
  11. tadgh Husqvarna
    A Class

the tip off any tm bike will work no problem..main tm wec sponsor down the road from me so thats what i buy. costs about 8 euro for a billet piece that bolts straight on. just get the flared allen headed nut with it, drill your own lever to recess the head slightly and you are good to go.

probably no tm dealers in aus but i am sure you could order from abroad 4 or 5 of them, they will still be a quarter of the price of the lever.
  12. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    After quite a bit of research I have come up with the following substitutes for the OEM rear brake pedal tip -
    KTM 200 EXC- 2000-2004 - Part #54603060150 (Larger,brings the brake pedal tip closer to the peg)
    TM 2T & 4T - 2002-2006 - Part #69002.99 (Fairly small)
    HUSABERG - FE450/550 - TO 2007 - NO PART NUMBER YET( Slightly smaller than OEM )
    SHERCO - 4T 2008 - Part #0741( 2 x bolt holes, good size, unsure of fit)
    I have ordered the Husaberg one.

I have also noticed that Yamaha & Honda use a common tip but they are not sold seperately from the whole pedal, but would be easily sourced from a wreckers.
    While at the wreckers I was lucky enough to find the exact tip I have been looking for, after I had ordered the Husaberg one, from a bent old KTM pedal(apparently, no idea of model or year), I picked it up for $10, Drilled the rivet out & bolted it on, Ohh & polished the lever while it was of the bike, now it's good to go!!:busted:
    Thanks all to steer me in the right direction, I hope that this list can help you in the future.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'll put a link to your post into the parts thread sticky in the Common Topics section. :thumbsup:
  14. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    No worries Coffee,
    Thanks Mate!!:cheers:
  15. markymark83 Husqvarna
    A Class

I fixed one up for a mate today. I think this one will go through the Clutch cover before it snaps off haha

Attached Files:

16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I replaced one (my 04TC450) with the tip off my 1998 KTM250EXC,,it wobbled a little but did the job. My new thing is welding the tips with a good bead on the inside of the little triangle to strengthen it. In the past few years of Husky ownership I have sheared at least 4 between my 04TC, 06TE450 and with my 08TXC450 I have had one shear and have a welded one ready to install (it has a unwelded pedal from my 06 on it now, note the 06 pedal is bolt and nut set up, the 08 has a pressed in anchor for the master cyl linkage). see my welded pedal post for photos.
  17. Reddog Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just remeber, with a heavier built one it is much easier to punch a hole in the cover. Just ask Geek.:banghead:

Attached Files:

18. mikenpalsie Husqvarna
    AA Class

try o.f.g. i think they make replacement tips. oldfatguyracing.com his name is dino, he makes some really nice parts for huskys.
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501

disagree, side loads that push pedal into case, stronger pedal or not will crack case,,
    welded or stronger to prevent forward motion shear offs, brake snake is also important. Mine have never been broken off from anything but forward motion shear-offs from tagging/sliding past solid in ground rocks.
  20. bandkw Husqvarna
    A Class