BMP Case Saver for 610

Discussion in '610/630' started by jckid, Nov 24, 2009.

1. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Previsouly owned: SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    Not sure if these are new or not, but thought I'd post and see if anyone's using them--case saver for 610's at Bill's Motorcycles Plus:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Husqvarna-TE610-SM610-Billet-Case-Saver-2006-2009_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45ef28cc03QQitemZ300365171715QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Husqvarna-TE410-TE610-TE570-TC610-New-Billet-Case-Saver_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45dc19db00QQitemZ300045425408QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I'm considering one myself. I have a case saver on my Honda, but it covers the entire counter sprocket. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to this more minimalist design? I'm picturing myself getting my boot hung up on the counter sprocket. Is that a possibility, or am I just being ridiculous?
  2. NOTsoHUSKY Husqvarna
    B Class

I doubt you will get yer boot hung up on the counter shaft sprocket. Thank you for posting this, i have been looking for a case saver for my 08 for a while.

Edit: I just bought the 2nd to last one... better order soon ;)
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  4. NOTsoHUSKY Husqvarna
    B Class

Kelly are you saying that the 250-510 case savers will work on a 610? I have yet to see any of them advertised like that so i assumed the 610 was different...

Any idea if this guy will work with a 16t CS?
  5. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I just had a chain punch the case on my 08.

You have to buy the left and right because they are a matched set. The parts cost is $1600

Then add in 17 hours or so of labor (guessing) to swap all of the engine components.

6. Rockchucker22 Husqvarna
    A Class

7. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can you put one behind your street going SM 610's stock cover? I kind of like the cover that is on there now, but would also like the protection the case saver gives.
  8. HDND Husqvarna
    B Class

[QUOTE Any idea if this guy will work with a 16t CS?[/QUOTE]

X2 on the 16t. Interest is for my 05 610sm
  9. NOTsoHUSKY Husqvarna
    B Class

I just got mine in the mail... gonna bolt it on today after i clean the bike. :)

It looks nice, but not anywhere near as nice as the new Motosportz damper i just got too.
  10. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    I ended up ordering one for my SM. I was kind of wondering the same thing. Once I get it, I'll let you know if it looks like it would work.
  11. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great! Post up a picture when you do it. :thumbsup:
  12. NOTsoHUSKY Husqvarna
    B Class

Here it is with a 14t sprocket. about 4mm of clearance at the closest spot.

[IMG]

It is definitely possible to put the stock cover back on, but i really don't see a need. Unless for some reason you like to ride in shoes that have laces....
    [IMG]

Judging by some quick measuring, i am going to say that a 15t sprocket is going to just barely fit and the chain will likely rub while riding and that a 16t will require a pretty good amount of grinding to make it work.

When i get around to cleaning the bike later this week i might be able to be persuaded to pop on my 16t sprocket and see if it will work.
  13. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

On a dirt bike I probably would just run the case saver, but on a street going SM I think the stock cover is the way to go.
  14. xymotic Husqvarna
    AA Class

thanks for the pics. that would have totally saved my case:banghead:
  15. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

I counted the teeth on the sprocket in the eBay picture and there were 15 - so I order one for my SM.
  16. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    I've got a case saver coming; I also run a 15t front sprocket. I'll mount it up and see how much clearance is available. If it is too tight I won't use it, but at least we'll know if it's possible.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Bill at BMP is buying up all our stock so you can get them from him. thanks.
  18. jckid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, KLX351, CT110
    I just installed one on my SM610 w/15T sprocket. Here's the pic:

[IMG]

So what does everyone think? My dad is more of an expert than me, and he thinks the clearance should be ok since my chain is nearly new. He thought there might be a possibility of it rubbing once the countersprocket and chain get some wear on them.
  19. High-Side Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you going to put your stock black cover over it?
  20. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    That looks like it has sufficient clearance, but I'm not a chain wear expert.