1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 cr/wr 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by surfer1100, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I think your right Norm...probably for reasons of clean up....lithium is a great low temp grease...but thats about it

I could just picture a bunch of Italian workers on the assy line......trying to get the Bel ray waterproof or equivalent off their hands.......Momma Mia !:rant:
  2. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Bel Ray makes it tough to light up a big fat unfiltered ciggy on break.:D
  3. cb250txc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Norman

Do you have any pictures of how you mounted the computer to its holder? I can not figure out how it attaches to the holder.I have the rubber bushings in but I do not see any screws or bolts to hold it in.
  4. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    There are two sets of (wood screws) for lack of a better word.
    The small ones mount your speedo.The big ones are for your tank plastic.
    There are three small raised washers two for your speedo and one for your speedo bracket to front light bracket.
    Hope that helps.:thumbsup:
    Arrows show raised washers.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. cb250txc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks that's exactly what I needed.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I've been working in fits and starts on the WR. I finally got the swing arm and linkage bearings greased tonight. I also fitted a 52t rear sprocket. I'll put the OFG rad braces on tomorrow and take her for a real ride. My first enduro is in South Jersey sand (Curly Fern), the FIM tires will work there, so they stay for now. I need to put my ICO computer on and saw another thread on splicing into the stock cable, but would prefer to fab up some kind of plug arrangement.
  7. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    :thumbsup: Keep us up to date Norm.

I'm keeping the Michelin Comp 3 on the rear for now but have a new Mitas Trials waiting for when and if it drys up....:D
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yeha I hear you.is that whitish locktite they are using also some kind of slow set epoxy? Maybe ist part locktite and part plaster of Paris? Was wondering if it was just me or is Luca Bratzi torqueing those puppies down? Also some of the body bolts seem to have a kind of silver oxide coating that make them very "resistant" to threading. Wish they still used the gold colored anodized ones for EVERYTHING.
  9. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    First real ride report

The bike is all broken in, so went for a real ride today......
    Nice, sunny day, about 40F and about 1200' elevation. Conditions were pretty good for this time of year, but I avoided the worst muddy areas. I rode first on our little "MX" section, no real jumps, but some bermed turns and lots of acceleration and braking bumps. It's on a slight side hill, so everything is uphill, downhill or off camber. Then it was on to some of my tighter off camber woods trails. Finally a tapped out run down the farm road back to the truck.

The bike has a Power Now installed on airbox side of carb and has been gear down to 13/52 with stock chain and switch from MX chain guide to enduro one. Jetting is reccomended factory Power Up spec.
    I still have stock FIM Michelin tires. It does have an EFM autoclutch.

The power is great.... Good low end and a good jump to mid and an eye tearing top end that reminds me more of the last CR125 I rode than my '02 WR125. I don't think I'll need a 144 kit for this bike. I have some really big hills to try before I make a final decision, but so far it's pretty impressive. I know a few more hours on the engine will make it even better power wise.

Handling is excellent..... Even with the Eco tires and riding in still fairly slick conditions the bike sticks to the ground. I even got too aggresive with the throttle on a flat turn and did a 270 degree loop out, but didn't lose the front end! I was ready to be flat on the ground. Since I blew my knee 3 years ago, I'll go down before I stick a leg out to save it. I just kept my feet on the pegs and rode it out. The bike is a little tall, but I think I'm going to try to keep it stock height, as it will settle a bit. It is a little lower and thinner than '06-08 125's. It will take a little bit of adapting for the tight off camber trails, but think it will be worth it not to lose travel. I put OFG rad guards on, so had to run the steering stops out a little, but bike still turns well in the tight stuff.

Suspension is stiff...... I know it will break in, but I think I'll re-valve. Harvey Smith of Bottone's/A.C.E. Suspension, just did his first '09 WR125 and said valving is pure CR125. In the softer conditions I'm riding right now it tracks pretty straight but feels stiff. Rebound is stock and compression is all the way out, as Harvey said this is the best way to break it in. My first enduro is down in South Jersey sand, so suspension will work well there. Forks a presently flush and I'll leave them for sand run, but will try running them on first line at home after that.

I'm really happy with the bike so far. When I rode the pre-production '08 TXC250 at the '07 North East Husky Gathering (Thanks again to Rob Keith!), my first thought was.... A 125 2t in this frame would be the cat's @$$. Husky did it and it is! There is no I wish I bought a TE310 from this guy! I am one happy guy!:D
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Awesome Norm :thumbsup: Sounds like the motor is very good huh? I'm surprised about the suspension. Jakes TXC250 is plush like my LTR revalved TXC450 and I love it as is. I figured the WR125 would be every bit as soft, in fact i was thinking it might be to soft. Interesting.
  11. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    My 08 TC250 is super plush now.....I love it....but when I first rode it..it was like a buckboard....it took 4 to 5 hours to bed in

Bouncing around in the garage on my WR its way stiffer than my TC...but the forks are pretty much the same....

me thinks if they end up bedding in like my TC.....they will be perfect
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Motor is very good.:eek:
  13. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

awesome write up norm! those stock tires hook up well in Jersey!
  14. fitness2go Husqvarna
    AA Class

Kelly...hurry up and sell your TXC and CR and get the WR 125 so that I can see what all the cries of joy are about...J/K! Dilemma dilemma...huh buddy?!?! Norman, your bike sounds like a definite woods weapon.

David
  15. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    First real ride report

Norm, Good to read she is do'n what you expected.

Thanx for giving up info on the "Power Now" I'm looking forward on testing that product.
    I just got my cast off my ankle and figure one more week til I can put some hrs on mine. (Since work is pay'n for me to stay home I wouldn't want anyone take'n pictures of me riding around enjoying this weather.:D
  16. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

sounds like the 13/52 gear ratio is the way to go I just got a 52 for the rear of my 2008 CR 125
    i will try it out this weeken
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    working on it.

I rode my 04 CR125 today with a herd of shinny new KTM300's and never felt out gunned. I love that little chain saw. They were scared of the wide open roar of the mighty beast. :lol: Almost topped a steep sloppy hill that they would not even try. Vids coming soon.
  18. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Good for you!:thumbsup: You make me want to get a 125.:D
  19. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Since you are in Southere calif meet me at the races and you can test ride mine
    Dist 37 desert or the Nationals
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I went riding today in some of my most tight technical off camber. This trail is new and not very ridden in and has lots of trail trash from the Winter, so it's a little nasty. I managed to get the bike's first crash out of the way quickly, on an uphill turn that was complicated by a fallen tree.:busted:

First thing is, the OFG rad guards limit the steering lock too much. I'm going to try to move the top cross brace back futher, by notching the louvers and redrilling the holes. I prefer this style over front cover style for air flow in tight trails in the hot humid Summer. I was thinking that I need to lower the bike, but part of it may be lack of steering lock in the tight stuff.

Other wise its all sunshine and hapiness bike wise. Unfortunately it looks like I'll miss my first enduro this weekend. My wife isn't as recovered as we hoped she'd be. I need to be home and not away for a long weekend. Everything is going well, but taking longer than anticipated. It's coming on a year since this started, it's been a long one.